Taurus

Okay, I went out on a date last night, this guy I have been conversing with the past few months finally decided we should meet; he lives in another state. He called me letting me know he was in town and wanted us to meet so I selected Taurus for our rendezvous.

I love the ambience at Taurus, the lighting, the decor, the bathrooms, really nice so I thought if nothing else, I should have a decent evening. He called ahead and made reservations, I arrived three minutes after him, so he gets points for punctuality. We were both there so why weren't we seated immediately? We stood at the bar for a little over ten minutes before being seated so that, I did not like. After being seated, it took a while before our server came by to greet us and offer us drinks; he was friendly but late nonetheless. My date got another beer, since he already had one at the bar while I got a Fiji water. I love the presentation although, in the centre of the restaurant where we were seated on an elevated platform there was a flower arrangement that once upon a time was beautiful but it looked like it was on its last run.

I ordered the peekytoe crab fritter "snack" as an appetizer and I had the Tuesday special as my entrée, slow roasted pork on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes with apple cider vinegar jus.

The server brought out some bread, I feel they should have gone easy on the salt, I thought I was eating a pretzel. I loved the crab thing, my entrée was very fatty and salty but okay.

I know I am going to need to spend an extra hour or two in the gym but I had to do it! I ordered the Chocolate mousse - Chocolate Hazelnut Praline on Drambuie sauce, ridiculous - ridiculously good!!!! Very sensuous, makes you want to go home and get some...

On the whole, I would go back not so much because of the food but more so because of the atmosphere but I would have enjoyed it better if I was there with a person I was already dating, in other words not so good as a meet for the first time place. The prices are decent too.

Overall, I give Taurus a wink!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, im a food lover too. Restaurants with good decor definately set the mood for the meal dont u think? i thot the place was nice enuf till you said your entree was fatty and abit salty. Pork + anything apple goes well together but wot kinda chef served fatty pork? There are ways of getting rid of the fat you know, or at least most of it anyway. Salty food at a restaurant is so not sexy.Hope ur date was interesting enuf for u forgive the food.
Lolita said…
Hi *mofope*, I agree a restaurant with great ambiance definitely makes for a good time.
I have an extra sensitive palate, with a heightened sense of taste, a pinch of salt will do for me, yes the pork was fatty, yeah, that combination was not sexy :)
Sadly, my date was not sexy either but the Chocolate mousse made up for all that.

Thanks for visiting, check back soon for more reviews. Tchuse!