Sushi....anyone...

It's amazing how your tastebuds mature or, more appropriately, evolve.

When I was younger, the only soda (for the Naija's out there, minerals) I could drink was Fanta, Orange of course, and then, all of a sudden when thirteen rolled around, it was Coke and only Coke. Couldn't eat a boiled egg to save my life and now I can eat about four at one sitting..heehee!

Sushi, my ex and I used to indulge in it, we loved eating out. A lot of times, it was just something different to do, you know like, Tapas, Dim sum etc. Most recently, I have actually enjoyed sushi a lot more especially since I never really was open to it before. What's shocking is that it was the store bought California roll that did me in. Very surprising that nice froufrou restaurants could not do to me what this Publix California did to me. Now, I dream of Sushi!

Anyone out there know the best place for Sushi?

No raw Sushi or Sashimi for me please!!! The only kind of raw I do is not the eating kind...............Bad girl!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Isn't Sushi supposed to be raw? ;-)
Lolita said…
Yes! Fred, some Sushi, definitely Sashimi(so I don't do Sashimi).

The Sushi I eat is thoroughly cooked, sometimes even fried.

I noticed you like Sushi too, maybe you can school me a bit, get me to try Sashimi? What do you say :)
Unknown said…
Sashimi I can handle only in small(er) quantities and even then, only certain types of fish (like Tuna or Salmon).

You really have to try real sushi: start out with something like a rainbow roll which will introduce you to the raw fish buffered by other stuff. It's heavenly. I would eat nothing but sushi if I had to!
Lolita said…
hmmm, I don't knooow!

Okay, next Sushi Friday I have, I'll try it and tell you how it went but if I get Salmonella poisoning or some crazy mess, I'm coming to Wisconsin or is it Idaho :)
Unknown said…
Idaho. We're better than Wisconsin and are certainly not Iowa. You know, Potatoes!!

So, how'd it go?
Lolita said…
Didn't go yet, nooooo, I'm no chicken, I just haven't had my Sushi Friday yet.

I heard about this cool restaurant, they have Sushi there, I'll try it and report on it.
Lolita said…
So Freddie, I had my Sushi Friday, did not check out the new place yet, so I went to my safe bet.

I will not be ordering any Rainbow rolls in the future, sooowwwweeeee!
I guess I am not as evolved as I thought I was.

The presentation was lovely, as always but when I put it in my mouth and felt the soggy slice of rawness against my tongue....I'm not going to tell you what I almost did, it took me back to when I was five and trying to eat a boiled egg. Back then it never worked! Hey, but this time I was a trooper, I ate it all especially since there was the Tuna, Salmon and Whitefish I had to go through but I knew it was an event that would not be repeating itself anytime soon.

I'll stick to the cooked designer stuff, thank you very much :)